Singing in Bible

Note: All Verses are Quoted from English Standard Version (ESV)

Psalm 100:1-2A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!

Psalm 95:1-2 Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!

Colossians 3:16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Psalm 147:1Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting.

Ephesians 5:19Addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart,

Psalm 150:1-6Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! ...

James 5:13Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.

Psalm 13:6I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me.

Psalm 95:1Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!

1 Corinthians 14:15What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also.

Psalm 104:33I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being.

Zephaniah 3:17The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Psalm 105:2Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!

Acts 16:25About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them,

Isaiah 12:5“Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.

Psalm 33:3Sing to him a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts.

Psalm 144:9I will sing a new song to you, O God; upon a ten-stringed harp I will play to you,

John 4:23-24But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Psalm 71:8My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all the day.

Psalm 59:16But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress.

Romans 15:9And in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written, “Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles, and sing to your name.”

Exodus 15:1Then Moses and the people of Israel sang this song to the Lord, saying, “I will sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea.

Hebrews 2:12Saying, “I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.”

Mark 14:26And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

2 Samuel 6:1-23David again gathered all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand. And David arose and went with all the people who were with him from Baale-judah to bring up from there the ark of God, which is called by the name of the Lord of hosts who sits enthroned on the cherubim. And they carried the ark of God on a new cart and brought it out of the house of Abinadab, which was on the hill. And Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, were driving the new cart, with the ark of God, and Ahio went before the ark. And David and all the house of Israel were making merry before theLord, with songs and lyres and harps and tambourines and castanets and cymbals. ...

Matthew 26:30And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

Hebrews 13:15Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.

Isaiah 42:10Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise from the end of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that fills it, the coastlands and their inhabitants.

Psalm 100:1-5A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

Psalm 137:1-9By the waters of Babylon, there we sat down and wept, when we remembered Zion. On the willows there we hung up our lyres. For there our captors required of us songs, and our tormentors, mirth, saying, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!” How shall we sing the Lord's song in a foreign land? If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its skill! ...

Exodus 15:2The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Psalm 150:6Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!

Psalm 68:1-35To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. A Song. God shall arise, his enemies shall be scattered; and those who hate him shall flee before him! As smoke is driven away, so you shall drive them away; as wax melts before fire, so the wicked shall perish before God! But the righteous shall be glad; they shall exult before God; they shall be jubilant with joy! Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up a song to him who rides through the deserts; his name is the Lord; exult before him! Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation. ...

Psalm 9:1To the choirmaster: according to Muth-labben. A Psalm of David. I will give thanks to the Lordwith my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.

Psalm 47:1-9To the choirmaster. A Psalm of the Sons of Korah. Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy! For the Lord, the Most High, is to be feared, a great king over all the earth. He subdued peoples under us, and nations under our feet. He chose our heritage for us, the pride of Jacob whom he loves. Selah God has gone up with a shout, the Lord with the sound of a trumpet. ...

1 Samuel 16:23And whenever the harmful spirit from God was upon Saul, David took the lyre and played it with his hand. So Saul was refreshed and was well, and the harmful spirit departed from him.

Psalm 40:3He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord.

Psalm 96:1Oh sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth!

Psalm 30:4Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.

Hebrews 2:10-12For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering. For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers, saying, “I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.”

Psalm 98:1-9A Psalm. Oh sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him. The Lord has made known his salvation; he has revealed his righteousness in the sight of the nations. He has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness to the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises! Sing praises to the Lord with the lyre, with the lyre and the sound of melody! ...

Psalm 96:1-13Oh sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth! Sing to the Lord, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples! For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; he is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the peoples are worthless idols, but the Lord made the heavens. ...

John 4:23But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.

Psalm 8:9 O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

1 Chronicles 16:9 Sing to him; sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!

Psalm 149:1Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of the godly!

Psalm 119:105Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Luke 19:40He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”

Micah 7:7But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.

John 4:24God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Psalm 149:3Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!

Luke 19:37As he was drawing near—already on the way down the Mount of Olives—the whole multitude of his disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen,

Deuteronomy 31:30Then Moses spoke the words of this song until they were finished, in the ears of all the assembly of Israel:

Psalm 71:22-23I will also praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praises to you with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel. My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed.

Psalm 45:1To the choirmaster: according to Lilies. A Maskil of the Sons of Korah; a love song. My heart overflows with a pleasing theme; I address my verses to the king; my tongue is like the pen of a ready scribe.

2 Chronicles 20:21And when he had taken counsel with the people, he appointed those who were to sing to the Lordand praise him in holy attire, as they went before the army, and say, “Give thanks to the Lord, for his steadfast love endures forever.”

Deuteronomy 32:44Moses came and recited all the words of this song in the hearing of the people, he and Joshua the son of Nun.

Proverbs 25:20Whoever sings songs to a heavy heart is like one who takes off a garment on a cold day, and like vinegar on soda.



Popular Posts